Monday, September 28, 2009

Challenging Day 3

Sorry for not posting for a while... the phone died and needed a charge.

The sun returned today - temporarily, anyway. Then another downpour in Strasburg, PA just a couple blocks before the ice cream stop. A bunch of us hung out there inside till the storm passed.

What a brutal day - rain, wind and hills! After training in the Oakland hills, I thought the hills on this ride would be easy... I was wrong. PA has major hills... Long and steep, and windy! The legs and knees got a little sore. But, I made it to our next camp without too much difficulty. Tonight we have bunk beds in cabins! What treat after two wet days and nights. I can finally dry out my stuff!

The ride has been amazing. I'm meeting so many awesome people. Everyone is friendly and in great spirits despite some difficulties along the ride... quite a few flat tires, some scrapes, pulled muscles and twiqued joints. But, no major accidents or injuries, thankfully. We have some presentations... gotta run for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill, looks like you're having fun and meeting lots of interesting people. Your ride inspired me to take my bike to Arthur IL and ride the loop from Arcola to Arthur and back (29 miles). Saw lots of horse and buggies, people working in their yards, kids playing, and lots of bikes too. Almost like PA. Windy, but flatter. My legs felt like flaming gello shots at the end so I doubt I could have made it one day on the climate ride. Still lots of fun. Steve

    ReplyDelete